The Warren Tannery was located at Bond and McMillian Sts. The site was originally owned by John Amsberry who used it as a blacksmith and tool factory.
Robert B. Warren purchased the site in 1885 and converted the former tool factory into a tannery. The site was located just to the north of the mill owned by J.B. Warren, uncle to Robert. Warren owned the tannery until 1866 when he retired. The company was then run by his brother William Warren Jr. Destroyed by fire in 1875, Warren Jr. rebuilt the tannery and operated it until 1893 when it was sold to Charles Knees.